Chocolate Covered Miso Peanut Butter Truffles (vegan)
A five ingredient truffle made with miso and peanut butter and dipped in dark chocolate.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 18-20 truffles 1x
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: vegan
1 cup natural smooth peanut butter (I used a salted version)*
1–2 tbsp light miso
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2–3 tbsp maple syrup
1–2 tsp coconut flour
1 6 oz bar of dairy free dark chocolate
flaky sea salt
- In a bowl or small food processor add the peanut butter, vanilla, 1 tbsp miso, and 2 tbsp maple syrup. Mix well.
- Taste and add more miso or maple syrup until you get a balance you like. (If you add too much miso simply add a little scoop more of peanut butter).
- Add the coconut flour 1 tsp at a time until you reach the desired rollable consistency.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out the truffles and roll them. Set aside.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate.
- Dip each peanut butter truffle in the chocolate to coat. Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and transfer to the fridge to solidify.
- After 5 minutes in the fridge, sprinkle each truffle with a small pinch of flaky sea salt. Place them back in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Store the truffles in the fridge for up to four days.
*If you don’t use a salted version of peanut butter add a tiny pinch of salt
Keywords: peanut butter, miso, truffles, vegan, dessert