*Please take into consideration that one diet does not fit all! These are general guidelines for those trying to follow the vegan diet. Always eat what makes you feel good!*
The vegan diet is one with no animal products. It is high in beans, legumes, fruits, vegetables. Veganism has gained popularity as many have turned to it for ethical or environmental reasons however these are not the only reason to eat vegan. It also tends to be much higher in fresh fruits and vegetables (and therefore nutrition) than the standard American diet of fast food.
Top Vegan Recipes
The vegan diet is a whole foods based diet that focuses on:
- A diet high in fruit, vegetables, beans, legumes nuts and seeds.
- Eliminates meat and animal byproducts (including things like honey from bees)
Foods to eat on the vegan diet (ideally organic if possible):
- Vegetables and fruit
- Beans and Legumes
- Whole grains and pseudo grains
- High quality oils such as organic virgin coconut oil or cold pressed organic olive oil.
- Herbs and spices (use these liberally as they just make food taste better in general!)
Foods to avoid on the vegan diet:
- Meat & poultry
- Animal byproducts like honey from bees
The biggest thing to note is that one diet does not fit everyone. It is important to be flexible and there are exceptions to every rule. The best diet it one that works for you and makes you FEEL GOOD.