A creamy simple nut milk that is great for baking with, making lattes or drinking straight!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Vegan
1.5 cups almonds, soaked
4 cups water
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)*
- Drain and rinse the almonds well.
- Place almonds in a high speed blender along with the four cups of water, salt and sweetener of choice.
- Blend on high for a minute at least to achieve ultimate creaminess.
- Strain through a nut milk bag or fine cheesecloth
- You can discard the pulp or save for cookies, crackers or other baked goods.
- Store almond milk in a jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. (it will separate but just give it a good shake before serving)
*you can avoid the sweetener altogether or try a different sweetener, like dates or honey.