Orange CHocolate Tart (paleo, vegan)
A rich, decadent chocolate orange tart that is paleo and vegan!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: blending
- Cuisine: paleo, vegan
For the Crust:
1 1/2 cups almond flour
3 tbsp tapioca flour
3 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 oz dairy free dark chocolate
1 tbsp maple syrup
For the Filling:
1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours
1 400mL can full fat coconut milk
8 oz dairy free dark chocolate
1/4 cup orange juice
zest of one orange
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/8 cup maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, cacao powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a small double boiler melt the chocolate, coconut oil and maple syrup together.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press the crust into a long rectangular tart pan (14inch x 4.5inch)
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Remove and let it cool while you make the filling.
For the filling:
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add the cashews, coconut milk, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom to the blender. Blend.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate with the maple syrup.
- Pour the chocolate/maple syrup mixture into the blender and mix until smooth.
- Place the blender container into the fridge to let it thicken up. Stir it every 20 minutes or so until it is pourable.
- Pour the filling into the tart pan. Place it in the fridge to finish firming up. *
- Serve with sliced oranges and cacao nibs.
*Any extra filling can be poured in single serving mason jars and served as little mousse cups!
Keywords: chocolate, vegan, orange, paleo, tart, dessert