Strawberry Rhubarb Popsicles (Paleo, Vegan, Dairy Free)
A creamy and sweet popsicle with roasted strawberry and rhubarb compote.
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 10 popsicles 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: freezing
- Cuisine: paleo, dairy free
2 cups chopped strawberries
1 cup chopped rhubarb
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
pinch of salt
1 400mL can full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp light raw honey (or maple syrup for vegan version)
pinch sea salt
- preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl mix the chopped strawberries, rhubarb, maple syrup, ground cardamom and sea salt.
- Spread tinfoil out on a baking sheet and fold up all of the edges so that nothing will leak. Pour the strawberry/rhubarb mixture on it.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk, honey and a pinch of salt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour evenly into a 10 popsicle mold. (They will be about 2/3 full)
- Rinse the blender out so you can use it again.
- Once the fruit has cooked and is soft and fragrant add it to the blender making sure to get all of the juices.
- Blend until smooth.
- Using a spoon scoop in the fruit mixture on top of the coconut milk in the popsicle mold.
- Use a knife to spread and push down the fruit mixture in each popsicle.
- Add your popsicle sticks and place in the freezer for 6 hours or until frozen solid.
Keywords: popsicle, paleo, diary free, gluten free, strawberry, rhubarb