Meyer Lemon Cardamom Curd (with ghee and honey)
Honey Sweetened Meyer lemon curd with cardamom!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: paleo
1/2 cup raw light honey
3/4 cup meyer lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
3 tsp ground cardamom
1/3 cup room temperature ghee
- Whisk the eggs and honey together in a small pot.
- Zest the lemons into the pot and then juice them. Add the juice and cardamom and whisk.
- Over medium heat whisk the mixture until it thickens (enough to cover the back of a spoon). This takes about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the ghee. It will take a minute or so for the ghee to fully incorporate.
- Take off the heat and push through a fine mesh sieve.
- Cool completely and store in glass jars in the fridge.
Keywords: lemon, cardamom, curd, paleo, honey, ghee