My favourite fruit ever (with avocados coming a close second).
Let me count the ways in which I use lemons:
- Everyday in the morning with warm water and a little pink Himalayan salt.
- As salad dressing with a little EVOO and salt (it’s really all you need!)
- Over freshly roasted cauliflower and broccoli.
- In a tangy lemonade.
- In THIS Cardamom Lemon Curd.
Hands up if you love sour over sweet like me? Now if only I could grow my own lemon tree here in Toronto…
This Meyer Lemon Curd will have to do. And because I love the combination of citrus and cardamom I added it in (totally optional but if you love cardamom do give it a try). This recipe uses honey as a sweetener and ghee instead of butter so it is not as sweet as the typical curd and definitely has more zing.
Are you ready to give it a go?
This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Sweet Lizzy Disclosure for more information.
This lemon curd is insanely easy. You need one small pot and a little bit of time. I filled a medium sized jar(in the picture) and a small jar and then proceeded to eat the entire small jar and told everyone that it only made the one jar. I won’t judge you if you do the same.
Also, please know that this has a lot of cardamom in it. I tried it with one and two tsp of cardamom and the lemon was still overpowering. I really wanted to taste the cardamom so found three tsp to be a happy balance. I love the cardamom flavour and the slight bitterness it gives the curd but you can start with 1 tsp and add more to your liking. Use meyer lemons in this recipe to cut the tartness down a bit. If you were to use regular lemons I would increase the amount of honey. Happy curd-ing!
Looking for other sweet desserts? Try these:
Tried the recipe? loved it? Rate it and tag #sweetlizzy on Instagram!Print
Meyer Lemon Cardamom Curd (with ghee and honey)
Honey Sweetened Meyer lemon curd with cardamom!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: paleo
1/2 cup raw light honey
3/4 cup meyer lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
3 tsp ground cardamom
1/3 cup room temperature ghee
- Whisk the eggs and honey together in a small pot.
- Zest the lemons into the pot and then juice them. Add the juice and cardamom and whisk.
- Over medium heat whisk the mixture until it thickens (enough to cover the back of a spoon). This takes about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the ghee. It will take a minute or so for the ghee to fully incorporate.
- Take off the heat and push through a fine mesh sieve.
- Cool completely and store in glass jars in the fridge.
Keywords: lemon, cardamom, curd, paleo, honey, ghee