Cardamom Orange Cookies with Chocolate (paleo, vegan)
A super easy and delicious cookie recipe with orange, cardamom and chocolate. Paleo and vegan!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Paleo, vegan, gluten free
4 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp ground chia
zest of one orange (about 1 tbsp)
1 1/4 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 dark chocolate bar, melted, for dipping/drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl mix the ground chia with the orange juice and orange zest. Let it sit while you measure out the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the cashew butter, coconut sugar, cardamom, salt, baking soda and apple cider vinegar and mix well. The dough will be sticky.
- Using wet fingers roll the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press the cookies down with your fingers or a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes
- Remove the cookies and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 20 minutes! This is important as the cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven and will fall apart unless you let them sit.
- Once the cookies have cooled dip them in the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate on top. Allow the chocolate to set before serving them. (You can pop them in the fridge for a few minutes to speed the process up)
Keywords: cookie, orange, cardamom, gluten free, paleo, vegan