Tis the season for candy, candy canes, candy corn and maple syrup(bonus points if you know what movie that is from)! And if you’re like me, you squeeze cookies onto that list as well.
Like orange cardamom cookies.
Dipped in chocolate.
That are also paleo AND vegan.
If you need me i’ll be over here eating cookies.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Sweet Lizzy Disclosure for more information.
These are so easy to make (and even easier to eat😉). They require one bowl and take 10-12 minutes of bake time. If you are feeling extra, dip or drizzle them with your favourite chocolate.
This is also a flourless cookie making the dough a little sticky. I used wet hands to roll the cookies into balls. I used cashew butter as the base which I think is the best nut butter because it takes on flavours (like orange) very well but you could also try an almond butter. Cardamom, one of my favourite spices (duh), is also here because it goes so well with orange (and chocolate!). You can find more cardamom recipes here and here and here and here and here.
Since the holiday season has officially started in our household I wanted to share my favourite Christmas movies (which I watch every year, multiple times). And what goes better with a Christmas movie? Cookies of course!
In no particular order:
- Christmas Vacation
- Love Actually
- A Christmas Story
- Muppet Family Christmas
Close runner ups: Home Alone, Scrooged, It’s a Wonderful Life
What are your favourite Christmas movies? More importantly, what are your favourite cookies to eat, while watching said Christmas movie? Maybe you can add this Orange Cardamom Cookie to that list!
Looking for more desserts to make this holiday? Try these:
Also try my Orange Cardamom Caramel(made with ghee)
Tried the recipe? loved it? Rate it and tag #sweetlizzy on Instagram!
Cardamom Orange Cookies with Chocolate (paleo, vegan)
A super easy and delicious cookie recipe with orange, cardamom and chocolate. Paleo and vegan!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Paleo, vegan, gluten free
4 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp ground chia
zest of one orange (about 1 tbsp)
1 1/4 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 dark chocolate bar, melted, for dipping/drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl mix the ground chia with the orange juice and orange zest. Let it sit while you measure out the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the cashew butter, coconut sugar, cardamom, salt, baking soda and apple cider vinegar and mix well. The dough will be sticky.
- Using wet fingers roll the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press the cookies down with your fingers or a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes
- Remove the cookies and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 20 minutes! This is important as the cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven and will fall apart unless you let them sit.
- Once the cookies have cooled dip them in the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate on top. Allow the chocolate to set before serving them. (You can pop them in the fridge for a few minutes to speed the process up)
Keywords: cookie, orange, cardamom, gluten free, paleo, vegan