Chocolate Covered Chai Chaga Ghee Stuffed Dates
A sweet little treat that is perfect kept in the fridge for those moments when you need a little extra sweetness. Filled with chai and chaga spiced ghee they pack a flavour and nutritional punch!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo, gluten free, refined sugar free
- Pit your dates and split them in half. Scoop in as much of the ghee as you can and close the dates back up.
- Put the ghee stuffed dates back in the fridge until the ghee hardens up a bit (about 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Once the ghee is more solidified(if the ghee is soft it will just melt into the melted chocolate) roll the dates in the melted chocolate and put back in the fridge to harden. Serve straight from the fridge.
*I really like using a dark chocolate to coat. You don’t want anything too sweet because the dates are so sweet themselves.
*If Chaga Chai Spiced Ghee isn’t your thing try just plain ghee or ghee mixed with a little cinnamon. Yum!
Keywords: paleo, chaga, chai, ghee, chocolate