It’s beginning to look a lot like…..
The holidays are HERE and I am going to say something radical. Maybe instead of buying all of your gifts this year, maybe make some of them instead. I always assumed that since I wasn’t a kid anymore that nobody would want a homemade gift. But when homemade gifts are awesome like this matcha elixir (which I would probably pay top dollar for from any given ‘wellness’ company) then why wouldn’t you?
It makes a very thoughtful gift for all of your friends or even your coworkers. Anyone who loves wellness and superfoods, this is for them!
Now, let’s make some presents!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Sweet Lizzy Disclosure for more information.
Let’s talk about what is in this recipe because it is NOT just matcha thrown into a jar. This elixir mix contains:
- Matcha (duh). Use your favourite brand here. I like Matcha Ninja which you can get in Canada and Oishi Matcha in the US.
- Collagen powder. This helps with creaminess as well as having a lot of added nutrients and protein. I used this one(Canadian Brand) but I also like Vital Proteins. If you are vegan you could try subbing something like tocos to make it frothy and add nutrients.
- Coconut milk powder. This makes it creamy without having to add milk. Just add hot water! I bought this one from Anima Mundi Herbals. It is more expensive but has NO other ingredients.
- Maca. Maca is good for hormonal health and generally helps with energy. In Canada I get my maca from Harmonic Arts. In the United States you can generally find some good brands on Amazon like this one.
- Cinnamon. This is optional but adds a little extra flavour.
- Cacao Butter (CAN/US). I love this addition as it adds an extra richness and creaminess. When mixing this in make sure that it doesn’t get heated or wet as it will clump up.
- Coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener. Optional but whichever one works for you!
This recipe fits perfectly into an 8oz mason jar that you can give as larger gifts to friends or your can put single servings in tiny tins as I did here in the photos (I got these tins from Michaels a few years ago). These makes great little gifts for a party or for coworkers. Wrap with twine and they are good to go!
I won’t judge you if you decide to keep this elixir for yourself too. When you are ready to serve just mix 2 tbsp with 1 cup hot water and you have a nice creamy matcha elixir.
Looking for more DIY gifts? Try these:
Tried the recipe? loved it? Rate it and tag #sweetlizzy on Instagram!Print
DIY Matcha Elixir Powder
A large batch of DIY Matcha Elixir that makes the perfect Christmas gift for all of your friends or co-workers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Beverage/Gift
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan option
1/3 cup coconut cream powder
1 tbsp matcha powder
3 tbsp collagen powder*
1 tsp cinnamon
Gently whisk all of the ingredients together being sure to keep it dry and avoid any heat. The finely grated cacao butter will melt and clump if it is heated at all.
Once mixed distribute it into your gift boxes and wrap! Happy Holidays!
To serve mix 2 tbsp with 1 cup hot water (or hot milk for extra richness).
*Vegans can try using tocos instead of collagen for creaminess and nutrients.
Keywords: matcha, latte, gift, diy, collagen, elixir