Paleo gluten free muffins that aren’t a crumbly mess?
The struggle is real. And so is this recipe. Paleo Orange Date muffins that are moist, tender and sweetened only with dates and freshly squeezed orange juice!! Huge win.
I am obsessed with these muffins and have been making them repetitively. You know, I had to make sure they were *perfect* for the blog. Are you ready to give them a go?
Let’s do this!!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Sweet Lizzy Disclosure for more information.
Muffins are such a great comfort food however, the average muffin is loaded with sugar- the recipe I adapted this from had a whopping additional 3/4 cup of white sugar! Yeesh. It is totally unnecessary in this recipe because the half cup of soft medjool dates, whole orange and orange juice make them plenty sweet and super moist.
This recipe also calls for a whole orange so try and use an organic orange. The whole thing is going in (peel and all!) so you don’t want any extra chemicals blended into your muffins.
The beauty of this recipe is how simple it is. You need a food processor to make them (or possible a high speed blender) because the whole orange gets blended up with the dates and orange juice. The dry ingredients are whisked together in a separate bowl. Add the wet to the dry and then bake. 18 minutes later and your whole house will smell of baking perfection! Enjoy friends 🙂
I have decided to bring back some of the links I am loving on Thursdays. It is one of my favourite things to share with everyone. From articles, to recipes I want to cook to products that I would like to try! So here it goes:
- My friends at Niku Farms were in The Globe and Mail!! They are a high quality meat provider in the Greater Toronto Area. If you live in the area and want to try their meats check them out here. Use the code LMALONEY30 to get $30 off of your first purchase with Niku Farms! (affiliate link)
- THIS DOG JUST TRYING TO DRINK WATER
- This Tahini Mousse Cake from The Kitchen McCabe looks absolutely divine.
- I am currently reading You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero and I am loving it!
- Canada came out with their new food guide recently, and yes there are many improvements (eat more vegetables! drink more water!) but there is still a long way to go. Joy McCarthy did a great review of it here.
- I am in need of some Stasher Bags to freeze marinated meats and other goodies (as oppose to a plastic ziplock)
- Trying this natural deodorant that I purchased from The Detox Market. So far so good!
Looking for more baked goods? Try these:
Chocolate Chip Cherry Muffins (paleo)
Chai Spiced Banana Snack Cake (paleo)
Thumbprint Cookies (paleo, vegan)
Tried the recipe? loved it? Rate it and tag #sweetlizzy on Instagram!Print
Orange Date Muffins (Paleo, Dairy Free)
A soft and moist paleo muffin sweetened with dates and oranges!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total Time: 48 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Paleo
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup packed, pitted soft medjool dates
1 medium sized organic orange cut into 8 pieces (dried stem stump trimmed off)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 egg (or chia egg for vegan)
1 1/2 cups almond flour(US/CAN)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Add the orange juice, pitted dates, chopped orange and vanilla into a food processor and blend until well combined and very few chunks.
- Add the egg and coconut oil and blend again.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into a lined(US/CAN) muffin tin (12 muffins) and smooth the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the tops start to get golden.
*This recipe was adapted from Robin Hood Orange Date Muffins
Keywords: Paleo, Muffins, Orange, Date
Just made these, SO GOOD!
Found them over at @culinarynutrition and had to try em. Always looking for vegan almond flour recipes!
Sweet Lizzy says
Hi Jasmine! I’m so glad you found my blog and enjoyed these muffins! They are one of my favourites:)
These are delicious! So happy to have a muffin recipe without added refined sugar.
Sweet Lizzy says
I’m so glad you like them Kelly!