The 2018 Sweet Lizzy Holiday Gift Guide has arrived! I have included gifts for giving, ideas for experience gifts, DIY gifts(my favourite), as well as my favourite thoughtful product gifts and gifts for the budding food photographer(ie. everything that is on my wish list!)
This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Sweet Lizzy Disclosure for more information.
Gifts for Giving:
- Second Harvest. A Canadian food rescue organization that aims to reduce waste while ensuring people have access to fresh, healthy food.
- The Stop. A community food centre here in Toronto that strives to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds health and community, and challenges inequality.
- World Wildlife Fund. Working to build sustainable food systems.
- Pencils of Promise. A non profit who helps build schools and provide quality educational programming to increase literacy rates in Ghana, Guatemala, Laos and Nicaragua.
- Charity: Water. A non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries.
- Sports Game tickets (I may be bias but I think the Toronto Raptors are pretty awesome!)
- Local theatre tickets or concert tickets
- An art/craft class. Sewing, painting, pottery are all really fun classes to take.
- Spa day. Mani, Pedi, facial, massage…. any of those make a great gift.
- A box of homemade cookies. (because who doesn’t love cookies?). Fill them up with these thumbprint cookies, orange cardamom cookies or chai chocolate chip cookies.
- Body balm like this DIY Douglas Fir and Orange Body Balm.
- DIY matcha latte mix for all of your wellness junkie friends. I would LOVE to get this as a gift!
- Sitka Candle from Salt Spring Island Candle Company. This is a red cedar, spruce and douglas fir candle and it smells like the woods. I love it.
- Strawberry Sumac Shrub from Wild Muskoka Botanicals. This is another one of my favourite local companies. Laura makes the best, ethically harvested wild food! I adore shrubs and her whole shrub line is delicious!
- Best Skin Ever by Living Libations. This stuff is liquid gold for the skin! Buy it here in Canada and here in the States.
- Boreal Folk Apothecary Wild Mountain Bath Soak. I love this company. They travel around Canada on a bus making herbal products that are so beautiful! This bath soak smells like the forest.
- Mushroom Drinking Chocolate from Harmonic Arts. Another one of my favourite Canadian herbal companies that wild crafts their items.
- Mixing bowls from Atelier Trema. You can buy them here.
- The Honey Mud From May Lindstrom. A luxurious treat for the skin. Buy it in Canada here and in the USA here.
- The Beauty Chef Cookbook. This was my favourite cookbook that I purchased in 2018!
- Big Dipper Mug. This mug, along with the moon mug are both stunning! Handmade in Vancouver by g ceramic & co.
- Yin Power from Sun Potion. A beautiful tonic herbal formula for the feminine.
Gifts for the Budding Food Photographer