It’s that time of year again…
At the beginning of each year I like to make a list of all of the books I want to read throughout the year. Doing this helps motivate me to keep reading and keep track of what I have read and what I want to read. I like to choose a mixture of books on my bookshelf that I haven’t read yet or want to read again, books I get as gifts or while travelling, books I can order from the library, and lastly books that I know I want to keep and can order on Amazon or buy at the local bookstore.
And of course, what goes along with reading books? A cozy latte! I blended up a warming vegan salted caramel latte with cardamom using cashews and a few of my favourite superfoods. Sound good? Read on friend for the recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Sweet Lizzy Disclosure for more information.
I really enjoyed writing (and reading) my 2018 Booklist and sipping on the Chocolate Beet Latte. Some of my favourites from last year were:
Beartown by Fredrik Backman. This book is about a small hockey town but isn’t really about hockey. It is about how this dying town reacts when a crime is committed and makes for an unforgettable book.
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. This was an excellent young adult book that has recently been made into a movie. It is about 16 year old Starr Carter who witnesses the shooting of a childhood friend by a police officer. It is an eye opening and gut wrenching read and I think everyone should read this.
Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin. This book is a great reminder of the power of our mind and when we are in a diseased state our bodies can do a lot of healing given the right tools and mindset. It is an easy read and helps you to be proactive when it comes to your health.
Tools of Titans by Time Ferris. This is book is a compilation of valuable information from some of the worlds top performers. It touches on a lot of topics including health, wellness and money and is a great book to have on hand to pick up and read a chapter every so often.
Now let’s get to this list. I have 25 books on this list which is a pretty big list for me! I am not a super fast reader but I have so many books that I want to read. This means that I will need to read just over two books per month! Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see how I am doing with this list and what book I am currently reading!
The Sweet Lizzy 2019 Book List
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Mason
- Good To Great by Jim Collins
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Eating on the Wild Side by Jo Robinson
- Womancode by Alisa Vitti
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker
- You are a Baddass by Jen Sincero
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland(CANADIAN LINK)
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan(CANADIAN LINK)
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce h. Lipton
- Reluctant Pioneer by Thomas Osborne
- Blink by Malcom Gladwell
- The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari(CANADIAN LINK)
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Educated by Tara Westover
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig
Now let’s talk about this latte. It’s cozy. It’s sweet. And it’s perfect to drink while reading your favourite book.
I used lucuma, mesquite, and a date to give it that caramel like flavour. Cashews make it creamy and a pinch of sea salt and cardamom really round it out. I also decided to add some maca powder because why not?! Just try and stop me from superfood-ing everything. JUST TRY.
Throw all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and you have yourself a delicious latte. If you aren’t using a high speed blender try soaking your cashews for longer so they are really soft before you blend them. ENJOY FRIENDS!
Looking for more cozy drinks try these:
Tried the recipe? loved it? Rate it and tag #sweetlizzy on Instagram!Print
Vegan Salted Caramel and Cardamom Latte and my 2019 Book List
A sweet and creamy vegan latte made with cashews, dates and cardamom. Perfect for curling up with a good book!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo
1/4 cup cashews, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
1 1/4 cup hot water
1 tsp lucuma
1 tsp mesquite
1/2 tsp maca
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
pinch of sea salt
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add the cashews and the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until frothy and creamy.
- Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon or cardamom.
Keywords: Latte, caramel, latte, cardamom, vegan