Soft baked paleo & vegan slice and bake chocolate chip cookies. They are tender and chewy just out of the oven and develop the perfect outer crisp as they cool. This recipe contains no raw eggs so the cookie dough can be eaten straight from the roll in a Buddy the Elf “eat a whole roll of tollhouse cookie dough” kinda way (which these days sometimes feels necessary). Slice them and bake them or slice them and don’t bake them (!), you decide!
Are you ready to give them a go?
This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Sweet Lizzy Disclosure for more information.
I first developed this cookie recipe years ago- way before I had a blog- and I completely forgot about them until a friend reminded me of how much she loved them. So I looked up the old recipe and tested (and retested because who doesn’t need more cookie dough) to make sure the cookies stood the test of time. Let me tell you, they definitely do and there is something about having a roll of cookie dough in the fridge that you know is waiting for you when you need it most that is so satisfying!
When you bake these cookies they are soft on the inside and firm up to a satisfying crisp on the outside. They are completely grain free and sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar and guess what- they are vegan so if you feel like going and eating the whole roll of cookie dough without baking them- well then you do that! Another reason that I love these cookies is because they contain almond extract which I think adds a little extra something. They take no time to whip up and can sit in your fridge for a couple of days waiting for the perfect moment when you need to bake off one or two (or six) cookies for yourself.
Looking for more cookies to bake? Try these:
Thumbprint Cookies (paleo, vegan)
Cardamom Orange Cookies with Chocolate (paleo, vegan)
Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies (paleo)
Tried the recipe? loved it? Rate it and tag #sweetlizzy on Instagram!Print
Slice and Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies (paleo & vegan)
Paleo and vegan slice and bake chocolate chip cookies. When baked they are soft on the inside and with the perfect crisp on the outside! Make a roll and keep it in the fridge for when the craving calls!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Paleo/vegan
- Diet: Gluten Free
1 cup almond flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- In a small pot melt together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Take off the heat and mix in the vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and form into a log about 2 inches diameter. make sure it is squeezed together well.
- Wrap in the parchment paper and place in the fridge for a minimum of 10 minutes for up to three days.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350 F and slice the cookies about 1 cm thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking tray as they will firm up as they cool.
Keywords: paleo, vegan, cookies, chocolate chip, grain free